Welcome to ArchSolar
Increase yields, lower costs and create measurable social impact.
We develop low cost, high performing integrated solar projects, providing photovoltaic (PV) structures, expertise and financing options to growers and landowners or developers. Based in Portland, Maine, ArchSolar offers innovative PV project models including:
- PV Greenhouse projects – provide growers increased productivity and yield with controlled climate growing, lower and predictable long-term energy costs as well as solar incentives.
- Pre-engineered PV Building projects – provide landowners or developers with solidly constructed PV buildings that lower lifetime cost of ownership, produce solar electricity and generate solar tax credits.
- GrowBoxes – comprised of refurbished shipping containers and our traditional greenhouse offering, our hybrid GrowBoxes provide growers with secure, insulated production space coupled with controlled climate growing and all the benefits of natural light.
ArchSolar’s integrated solar design provides 2 key benefits:
- Organizations looking to expand operations and meet sustainable energy goals can accomplish both at lower cost, when pursuing these goals together rather than separately. Integrated solar solutions offer total lower costs when compared to the separate costs associated with designing, building the structure, and installing solar components.
- Integrated solar buildings allow you to realize additional revenue streams. In addition to the value of the structure itself, revenue is also generated from electricity production, SRECs, and tax credits which can make for high returns in solar friendly states. Our sturdy, competitively priced structures can also yield rent revenue as greenhouses/barns, storage buildings, and warehouses.